Elena Terentieva, soprano. graduated from the Gnessins Academy of Music in 2008 (Professor Miglau’s class) and completed her post-graduate studies at the Tchaikovsky State Conservatory of Moscow (Professor Skusnuchenko’s class). She attended workshops given by Mauro Trombetta, Dmitry Khvorostovsky, Jadwiga Rappe, Diane Zola and others.
In 2006, she took part in the “Debut” festival, performing the part of Marfa in Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Tsar’s Bride and of Musetta in Puccini’s La bohème (in the Rimsky-Korsakov St. Petersburg Conservatory). In the Gnessins Academy Opera Studio she performed the part of the Countess in Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro and of Mimi in Puccini’s La bohème.
Elena joined the Novaya Opera Theatre in 2008.
In the 2009–2010 season she sang the soprano part in Haydn’s Harmoniemesse in B flat major/(conductor Gennady Rozhdestvensky) and in Mozart’s /Requiem (conductor Stanislav Kalinin) in the Great Hall of the Moscow Conservatory. As part of Irina Arkhipova Music Festival she sang in the recital of Askar Abdrazakov (conductor Sergey Kondrashev, Moscow, 2011). She performed Lyudmila’s cavatina from Glinka’s Ruslan and Lyudmila in a gala-concert of graduates of arts universities in the Bolshoi Theatre (conductor Anatoly Levin, 2011)
She was a participant in the 14th Tchaikovsky International Music Festival in 2011.
In May 2013, she sang the part of Gilda in Verdi’s Rigoletto at the 26th Sobinov Music Festival in the Saratov Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre; took part in the Amber Necklace International Festival in Kaliningrad, where she performed Rosina in Rossini’s Il barbiere de Siviglia.
In 2014, during the Kremlin Soirees Music Festival, she participated in the concert Two Muses – Two Elements (conductor Sergey Oselkov, Ryazan).
In September 2014, Elena Terentieva and Olga Terentieva, jointly with baritone Boris Statsenko, gave a concert in the Great Hall of the Moscow Conservatory (conductor Alexander Petukhov).
Elena Terentieva has collaborated with many prominent conductors, such as Gennady Rozhdestvensky, Eri Klas, Dmitry Yurovsky, Fabio Mastrangelo, Jan Latham-Koenig, Aleksey Lyudmilin and some others.
She performs concert programmes in Russia and abroad (in Italy, Finland, Cyprus, Australia, Poland, Swiss, Austria and Germany).
In 2014, Elena and Olga recorded a CD, Romances by Mikhail Glinka. To the 210th anniversary of Glinka’s birth.
Awards and Honours
- Prize-winner of the 5th Sabitov International Competition for Musicians (Ufa, 2002)
- Prize-winner of the 10th Bella Voce All-Russia Vocal Competition for Students (Moscow, 2002)
- Prize-winner of the Moscow International Competition at the Slavic Music Festival (1st Prize, 2007)
- Prize-winner of the 2nd Modern Art and Education International Competition (Grand Prix, Moscow, 2007)
- Prize-winner of the International Competition established by the 21st Century Art and Education Association (Grand Prix, Finland, 2007)
- Prize-winner of the Levko All-Russia Open Singing Competition (Moscow, 2008)
- Prize-winner of the Glinka International Singing Competition (3rd Prize, Moscow, 2009)
- Scholarship winner of the Yamaha Music Foundation
- Prize-winner of the 2nd Shpiller All-Russia Competition (2nd prize), diploma for the best performance of the works from Natalia Shpiller's repertoire (Moscow, 2015)
- Spezial prize of the 5th Ars Musica International Music Festival (Suwałki, Poland, 2015)
Roles performed at the Novaya Opera
Crobyle in Massenet's Thais
Lady Harriet Durham in Flotow’s Martha, oder der Markt zu Richmond (in concert)
Soprano part in the production “Viva Verdi!”
Parts in the productions: Maria Callas (Musical offering)
, Ten Sopranos (gala concert )
, Romances by Pyotr Tchaikovsky and Sergey Rachmaninov (concert)
, Johann Strauss, the Waltz King (gala concert)
, Waltzes, Tangos & Foxtrots (gala concert)
, Rossini (musical divertissement)
, This is Opera! (dramatized performance)
, Opera&Jazz (New Year's Eve Show)
, Bravissimo! (opera mix)
, O Mozart! Mozart… (Requiem)